Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Stories of the Week for October 16, 2013

Unfortunately, writing time this week has been difficult to come by, due to all the promotion I've had to do for Try Not to Burn.  Between author fairs I've attended, a book reading I've gone to, a tour of local libraries I've gone on, and countless emails I've been sending out, this week has been fun and busy, but not particularly creative. 

Thankfully, though, I did manage to squeeze in enough writing time to finish a new flash fiction story, "Mausoleum Monster," which explains the photo I used for this week's edition of SOTW.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Like most of my stuff, it mixes a bit of humor in with the horror. 

I've also gone back to my spooky Middle Grade story, which I'm still on the last chapter of.  The chapter had been giving me some trouble, which was why I took a break from it and finished polishing up the sequel to TNTB.  I usually find that working on another story or a book can be a good way to get out of a writing funk. It can also give you a fresh perspective on the old project, as you force yourself to step away for a few days. 


[Photo credit: "Manston Mausoleum" by Marilyn Peddle, MarilynJane on Flickr]

No comments:

Post a Comment