Monday, December 2, 2013

Wow.

It's not every day that I see a review which compares me to Stephen King.  I have to admit, I was rendered speechless when I read this review from Top 1000 Amazon reviewer Ursula K. Raphael. 

Not only is the title of the review “Best Non-Zombie Horror of 2013”, but she goes on to give me my most flattering compliment so far.  (I'm not saying I agree with the comparison, as I'm always just happy when people don't tell me I suck, but it was lovely of her to say, nonetheless). Here's a bit of what she wrote in her review:

"Even Stephen King wasn't this good, back when Stephen King WAS good.

The storyline is original: three residents of Hell City band together to try and survive long enough to redeem their souls. The characters are well-written: they are not the typical cliches you might expect, and I loved the way that their pasts are revealed through conversations over time, rather than having everything thrown at the reader as soon as the characters are introduced. The action is quite the mix of drama, horror and suspense, making me feel as if I was fighting through The Gauntlet with them.

Matula's storytelling reminded me of all the reasons I fell in love with the horror genre in the first place." 

As I said...Wow. 

Here's the link to the full review:


No comments:

Post a Comment