Friday, December 20, 2013

Editing sure is fun, isn't it?

It's been a while since I posted an update, so I thought I'd jump back into the blog studio and explain some of what's been going on the last couple weeks. 

It's been something of a whirlwind, between editing manuscripts, working on query letters, crafting pitches, and narrowly avoiding the clutches of a cold, I feel like I'm only just starting to come up for air. 

It's a good problem to have, of course, since I had six agents and editors request sample chapters for my Pitchmas pitch, which was selected as one of the top 75 pitches to be featured on the blog.  I've also had a request for a full manuscript for an old vampire novel I've had kicking around for a while.  I recently did a full overhaul of it, cutting out a couple plot lines that dragged down the pacing, and adding a new chapter that I felt the book was missing.  It's always rather sad when you have to cut out one of your favorite chapters, but when you re-read the book and realize you didn't miss anything by losing the chapter...well, that pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Other than that, I've been working on some short stories (I've got a deadline I have to hit for a ghost story), and making slow progress on a new paranormal book.  With any luck, I'll manage to scrounge up a bit more time to write in the coming weeks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment