Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Stories of the Week for November 5, 2013

This week, I've been invited to submit a story for Wrapped in White, Sekhmet Press' follow-up to the newly-published Wrapped in Red.  This time, instead of vampires, the anthology will focus on ghost stories. 

The deadline to get the story in is mid-January, so I have plenty of time, but I'm still a bit nervous about living up to the story I did for Wrapped in Red, titled "My Boss is a Vampire."  That one was quite fun and quirky, focusing on a young woman named Cameron Bailor, who gets a job interview for a reclusive Southern gentleman, and starts to realize that this might not be the dream job she'd been hoping for. 

In other news, I've gotten two great new reviews for Try Not to Burn, one from Knightmist's blog, and one from a top 500 reviewer on Amazon

I don't know if I'll ever get used to seeing people say such positive things about my stories, as I'm constantly doubting myself (every time I get stuck in a book for five minutes, I think, "Well, there goes my ability to string two sentences together"), but it's incredibly encouraging to see how much people have been enjoying the book and the characters. 



Photo Credits: "PUPPY!" by _jennieMarie on Flickr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment