Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stories of the Week for July 18, 2013


I'm thinking of starting a new weekly feature on the blog, where I update how some of my stories or books are progressing, maybe post a sample now and then, and generally natter on about some nonsense. 

And post random pictures of cats or iguanas or something.  I'm still working out the details.  In the meantime, feel free to send me cat or iguana photos at michaeldavidmatula@hotmail.com and I may include them in a future update, unless I come to my senses before then.  

Oh, and since it's summer time, I might include a tip or two on how to "beat the heat," as they say.  (I prefer the phrase Try Not To Burn, myself...)

Tip #1: frozen treats are your friend.  I thought I was going to die the other day after jogging under the sweltering sun.  But I got home, enjoyed a cool, refreshing Snapple Sorbet Bar (did I mention I would try to use these updates to get advertising?), and no longer felt like death had her hand clamped on my spine. 

Actual Writing Update:
For this week, one of the things I've been working on is a noir story.  With detectives, chain smoking, dames, and all the fixings.  It's my first attempt at a story like this, so I'm hoping I'm doing all right with it, and that it's still in the homage territory, and hasn't yet dipped into full cliche mode.  I'd wanted to get the story finished sometime last week, since a fellow writer in a facebook group I'm in sent out a call for submissions there, but the story wasn't cooperating with me.  In other words, I still didn't know who the killer was. 

I expect to have it finished by the next edition of Stories of the Week, or Nattering Nonsense, or whatever I end up calling this.

No comments:

Post a Comment