Sunday, August 26, 2012

Small detour.

Taking a brief pause from my new YA project to go back to a Middle Grade novel I completed a while back.  With the advice from my brand new editing team (aka my 10-year-old nephew and his mom), I've made a few changes to the start of the book.  So far, the kid seems to know what he's talking about.  The first chapter of this book had been giving me headaches for quite a while, and has been reworked and rewritten multiple times.  I cut out the bit that my sister said he had some trouble with, and the novel already seems to be much stronger because of it. 

Now I just need to finish revising the rest of the manuscript, and then I'll be ready to start sending it out again. 

Then I can get back to working on the YA book, and start figuring out how in the world I'm going to promote my horror novel, which, last I heard, was scheduled to come out this September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment